Any hosting company with the following capability will work with DFF tools:
If you are using DFF "PHP" Tools:
- Any hosting company
If you are using DFF "ASP" Tools:
- Linux platform
- Hosting company must support PHP at least PHP version 4.x or higher
- Hosting plan must be able to use PHP Remote Include or fopen or file_get_contents or CURL extension function calls to www.DataFeedFile.com
- Some Hosting company need you to enable PHP Remote Include in the PHP configuration file (php.ini)
- How To Change PHP Configuration
- Optional: XML module/extension if you are going to use XML queries against DFF server
- Optional: JSON module/extension if you are going to use JSON queries against DFF server
If you are using DFF "XML" Tools:
- Windows platform
- Hosting company must support ASP or ASP.net
- Optional: XML module / library if you are going to use XML queries against DFF server
- Optional: JSON module / library if you are going to use JSON queries against DFF server
- ( we are not expert on ASP, anybody experienced with ASP please add ASP requirements here)
- Linux / Windows platform
- Must support Dynamic Web Scripting Language to parse XML into array and able to process data and redisplay.
- Any Dynamic Web Scripting Language includes PHP, ASP, JSP, Ruby, Python, Perl, ColdFusion, etc...
What Hosting plan / Server we recommend to use?
We are an avid supporter of Open Source / Linux type of tools. We recommend using Apache (1.3x or 2.2.x) with PHP 4.x or higher.